nafex - Re: [NAFEX] cherry-plums and plums

  • From: Melissa Kacalanos <mijwiz@yahoo.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] cherry-plums and plums
  • Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2010 08:07:14 -0700 (PDT)

Ernest, I wonder what you'd get if you planted the pits of your LaCrescent
plums. I'm assuming your LaCrescent tree is pollinated by your cherry-plums.
I wonder if these pits would grow into something hardier than their mother,
and they probably couldn't taste much worse than their fathers. If you have
the room, it might be worth the experiment.

Melissa