nafex - Re: [NAFEX] muscadines for the north?

  • From: "Lon J. Rombough" <lonrom@hevanet.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] muscadines for the north?
  • Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2010 08:49:20 -0800

Jupiter is a seedless MUSCAT grape. Muscat is a special flavor/aroma in bunch grapes and though muscat and muscadine sound similar, there is no relation between the two. Jupiter does NOT have any muscadine ancestry.
The mistake is common enough it's written up in The Grape Grower.
-Lon Rombough
Grape pruning video: http://www.bunchgrapes.com/dvd.html View a short, low resolution clip here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Q58zFY0B1M
A video about The Grape Grower : http://cookingupastory.com/index.php/2008/04/18/the-grape-grower/