nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Haskap group buying strategy

  • From: "Hal Love" <lovehd@comcast.net>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Haskap group buying strategy
  • Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 09:28:01 -0600

Another issue that needs to be considered before anyone makes a large and
expensive order of Haskaps, is potential for disease. I spoke with someone
last year who is testing a large number of Dr. Thompson's elite selections
in Ohio. They have had severe issues with foliar diseases, and I suspect the
problem will be even worse in more southern regions of the eastern US.
Unless a spray program can be developed to control disease problems, they
may be limited to climates with relatively low summer humidity.

Hal