nafex - [NAFEX] Violette de Bordeaux Fig

  • From: "Doreen Howard" <gardendiva@charter.net>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Violette de Bordeaux Fig
  • Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2010 14:30:12 -0600

Does anyone know of a reliable mail order source for Violette de Bordeaux fig?  Here in Zone 4b, we have to grow figs in containers and take them into the garage or basement for most of the winter.  From its description Violette would be very manageable in a large pot, one my husband can move around for me.

Doreen Howard
Along the IL-WI border where everything is frosted due to ice fog.  Still a thick snow pack, though.