nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Ashmead's Kernel apples are deliciously ugly

  • From: Kevin Bradley <bradleyk1998@yahoo.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Ashmead's Kernel apples are deliciously ugly
  • Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 12:34:32 -0700 (PDT)

our ashmeads bore sparesly for its first four years of bearing but this year it is perfectly cropped, not too much not too little, on standard. I have seen it go through 43 below with damage to one year old sprouts only although it did struggle for a month the next summer but recovered fully.
kevin bradley