nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Airlayering Jujube

  • From: Lee Reich <lreich@hvc.rr.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Airlayering Jujube
  • Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 20:25:56 -0400

I think you could do it on previous year's growth, but more than 6 months might still be needed. Or not.

Lee Reich, PhD

Books by Lee Reich:
A Northeast Gardener's Year
The Pruning Book
Weedless Gardening
Uncommon Fruits for Every Garden
Landscaping with Fruit

On Oct 26, 2009, at 7:53 PM, Bassem Samaan wrote:

Thank you Lee,
I would like to give it a try next year. Would you think the air layer has to be on current year's growth or previous year's wood? If it's current year growth you can't attempt it until early summer, if it's last years then one can attempt it earlier in the spring benefiting from long hot period.