nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Transfering Blueberry plants

  • From: nottke1 <nottke1@earthlink.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Transfering Blueberry plants
  • Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 20:38:37 -0400 (EDT)

Brian,

I have been successful moving bushes after they have gone dormant in the Fall.  Take as wide a rootball as you possibly can and don't plant them any deeper than they were previously.  The roots don't go very deep, so I usually slide a long spade under the bush, taking a rootball only 6 - 8 inches high.

Jim Nottke