nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Can I process and eat sprouted acorns?

  • From: "Kieran &/or Donna" <holycow@frontiernet.net>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Can I process and eat sprouted acorns?
  • Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2009 11:58:43 -0500

P. S. Betsy, I don't think that white oak acrons really CAN be stored without sprouting. I don't know if they can be frozen of if people just worked like crazy to process as many as possible and dry the meal. I've read that they would hang them in a flowing stream in a cloth bag to remove the tannins, but maybe it was as much to slow metabolism as anything else. Donna