nafex - [NAFEX] ghinkos as transexuals

  • From: Alan Haigh <alandhaigh@gmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] ghinkos as transexuals
  • Date: Sat, 17 Oct 2009 14:23:00 -0400

I find the theory of ghinkos converting from dieocious to moneicious on a regular basis somewhat  doubtful as it is a common ornamental here and I have several clients with very old trees that have stayed true to male sex.  If this was at all a common occurrence I doubt they'd be a very popular ornamental (besides for a mostly Asian fan base).

Forest trees often take much longer to reach sexual maturity than the fruit trees we commonly grow so maybe this would have something to do with the late surprise.

Any misspellings in first para can be attributed  in part to the fact that they are not in Google's dictionary (computer geeks- what do they know about trees?).  Weirdly, they don't have google in their spell check either.

  • [NAFEX] ghinkos as transexuals, Alan Haigh, 10/17/2009