nafex - [NAFEX] watercore gone wild

  • From: Webmail wynne <wynne@crcwnet.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] watercore gone wild
  • Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2009 08:56:25 -0700

we are finding varying degrees of watercore in alot of our apples this season
i have been told that it is a sign of sugar, that the japanese wont eat a fuji without
that watercore
my experience is limited, but it seems to effect the flavor of some apples
 does it effect the storage?   what exactly causes it and why are only
some apples on a tree like that and not all?  the braeburns are full of it this
week,    and we observed it before this cold weather
wynne in nc washington at jerzyboyz farm

  • [NAFEX] watercore gone wild, Webmail wynne, 10/12/2009