nafex - [NAFEX] Hardy Chicago pics

  • From: Hilborn.E@epamail.epa.gov
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Hardy Chicago pics
  • Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2009 14:00:20 -0400

I hope this works: Leaves of my Hardy Chicago that I ordered from Edible
Landscaping. Scroll down for fruit.

Is there a reference fig collection? These look like the Hardy Chicago
listed on Figs 4 Fun: http://figs4fun.com/Thumbnail_Hardy_Chicago.html

but when I do an image search on the web, I see many leaf morphology's
associated with this variety. It seems pretty variable. I also note
some references to relatively early fruit production. I am still
picking these figs. They are the latest fig I grow. Although maybe
ripening time is related to tree age or site.

Comments?

(Embedded image moved to file: pic24326.jpg)(Embedded image moved to
file: pic19844.jpg)