nafex - Re: [NAFEX] which fruits taste best? ?supertasters?

  • From: "Erdman, James" <ErdmanJ@uwstout.edu>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] which fruits taste best? ?supertasters?
  • Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 08:39:09 -0500

________________________________

From: nafex-bounces@lists.ibiblio.org on behalf of Mathew Waehner

> I've read that broccoli is a test for supertasters. Some people find raw
> broccoli to be sweet and mild.
> Average people find raw broccoli somewhat bitter, but don't detect any
> bitterness in cooked broccoli.
> Supertasters find any form of broccoli bitter.

I find that broccoli from different plants, depending on
ripeness/overripeness, can taste sweet or bitter, tasted in succession. It
is a function of the variety and maturity of the broccoli, not my tastebuds.
How does this differ from what a "supertaster" might discerne?

Jim, in Menomonie, WI

<<winmail.dat>>