nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Got Milk?

  • From: Road's End Farm <organic87@frontiernet.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Got Milk?
  • Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2009 10:54:05 -0400

On Sep 16, 2009, at 1:52 AM, Richard Harrison wrote:

Ginda,
    Did you spray it "straight" or dilute it? I have some cantaloupes looking good right now---with fruit larger than softball size. The leaves are beginning to have some yellow spots and I was considering a fungicide spray of some kind. Milk sounds very interesting--and cheap, too.

That sounds to me like it might be downy mildew -- there's a new strain that's very destructive to melons and cucumbers. If you try the milk, please post the results!

--Rivka
Finger Lakes NY; zone 5 mostly