nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Pawpaws to Plums

  • From: nottke1 <nottke1@earthlink.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Pawpaws to Plums
  • Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2009 09:52:53 -0400 (EDT)

Vernon,

I have not used a root sprout to pollinate a grafted tree - should work - I have never seen root sprouts out-compete a grafted pawpaw.

I usually dig all my root sprouts each Winter and use them for grafting each Spring, in spite of some references that advise against it I have been doing it for 10 years.

Jim, z7, NC