nafex - Re: [NAFEX] gooseberries for Tennessee???

  • From: "Brungardt, Sam" <Sam.Brungardt@state.mn.us>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] gooseberries for Tennessee???
  • Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2009 10:45:31 -0500

Title: Message

Donna, I've had great success with Glenndale, a very tough USDA cultivar especially developed for more southerly parts of the U.S.  I know the quality of its fruit is lower than most of the cultivars on your list, but I'd give it a try.  It has never mildewed for me here in St. Paul.   I bought my plant from Edible Landscaping. -- Sam Brungardt, St. Paul, Minn. (USDA Zone 4b)