nafex - [NAFEX] Apple maggot resistance?

  • From: "Jim Fruth" <jimfruth@charter.net>
  • To: "NAFEX" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Apple maggot resistance?
  • Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2009 08:38:24 -0500

Are any apples known to be resistant to Apple Maggot?

My Haralson apples bear zero Apple Maggot scars while Honey Crisp, Parkland and Sweet 16 are riddled with maggots. Others are less so. Since I was short handed this year, I left unbagged apples on the trees never expecting this. Unbagged infected apples are now being picked for a trip to the landfill so, hopefully, there will be fewer maggots next year.

Jim Fruth
Brambleberry Farm
Pequot Lakes, MN 56472
For jams, jellies, syrups and more: