nafex - [NAFEX] hardy betula stock

  • From: Alan Haigh <alandhaigh@gmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] hardy betula stock
  • Date: Fri, 4 Sep 2009 14:04:33 -0400

Years back when I used to order all my Asian pears from Fowlers nursery, a salesman told me that their betula had been obtained from much farther north than most of what is in this country and that it is quite hardy.  I haven't lost trees to winter kill from them during winters that have gotten down to -18F or so, if that's any indication.  Haven't tested them in a real cold winter to see if it matches the toughest betch.

  • [NAFEX] hardy betula stock, Alan Haigh, 09/04/2009