nafex - Re: [NAFEX] favorite nurseries for a northeast grower (NY 6)

  • From: Richard Harrison <rharrison922@yahoo.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] favorite nurseries for a northeast grower (NY 6)
  • Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2009 12:35:07 -0700 (PDT)

Alan and Mark,
    I too was in the fruit tree business in the 80's and 90's. I had the exact same problem that you guys describe when I ordered from Northern nurseries. So, what I found was to order from nurseries in TN that produced June budded trees for commercial growers. These worked better for me and were generally less expensive, too. This was for peach, plum, and nectarine, mainly, though.
                                                                Richard