nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Puget Gold apricot

  • From: Jwlehman@aol.com
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Puget Gold apricot
  • Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2009 10:40:29 EDT

In a message dated 9/1/2009 11:51:16 PM Central Daylight Time, list@ginda.us writes:

Thanks.  We had an extraordinarily cool wet spring, so I might gamble on the same cultivar (Puget Gold).  It had the virtue of setting fruit in New England, which I gather most apricots don't.
Gind

Dear group,

I just returned from the Annual NAFEX meeting held in Grand Junction, CO. Excellent meeting, albeit too short.

Our apricot expert, Bob Purvis, brought several apricot taste samples. Puget Gold was one. I'm not an apricot expert, but I can tell you Puget Gold is wonderful wonderful tasting apricot. I had given up on growing apricots but may try again for this variety.

Jerry