nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Lon's PlumCot comments

  • From: "Lon J. Rombough" <lonrom@hevanet.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>, fuwafuwausagi@muchomail.com
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Lon's PlumCot comments
  • Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2009 13:42:31 -0700

Too much involved in such a cross. The odds of getting that trait combined with all the good saleable traits needed could require growing thousands of seedlings. I'd have had to start about 20 years ago. I'd send budwood or scions if anyone wants to play with it. It's also a red leaf type. The Apex parent was open pollinated and there was a red leaf tree in the area.
-Lon Rombough
NEW grape pruning video: http://www.bunchgrapes.com/dvd.html View a short, low resolution clip here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Q58zFY0B1M
A video about The Grape Grower : http://cookingupastory.com/index.php/2008/04/18/the-grape-grower/