nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Bitter fruit

  • From: "Kathryn Mathews" <kathmath@charterinternet.com>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Bitter fruit
  • Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2009 09:52:09 -0500

I've been weeding out a vine I identified as "some sort of nightshade" because I thought it was poisenous.  It gives off a distinctive smell when stems and leaves are touched or pulled.  I might leave some in some more low-maintenance areas of my yard if I thought it wasn't particularily dangerous.  After all, it's a native.  I'm not particularily interested in eating it myself, but I'd like to know I wouldn't be poisening curious children/neighbors.
Kathryn Mathews

This notice is required by IRS Circular 230, which regulates written communications about federal tax matters between tax advisors and their clients.  To the extent the preceding correspondence and/or any attachment is a written tax advice communication, it is not a full “covered opinion.”  Accordingly, this advice is not intended and cannot be used for the purpose of avoiding penalties that may be imposed by the IRS.