nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Cardinals

  • From: Kevin Moore <aleguy33@yahoo.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Cardinals
  • Date: Sat, 8 Aug 2009 09:40:13 -0700 (PDT)

I live in Southern Louisiana, and the Cardinals are definitely our biggest problem though the Blue Jays and squirrels are definitely high on the list as well. Unfortunately I live in town and really can't risk shooting anything, even with a pellet gun. The cats are more interested in chasing lizards than birds, the resident cottonmouth snakes seem so too. We have a fair number of Redtail hawks in the neighborhood though, and that seems to be keeping the bird numbers down a bit. I wish the hawks were better at catching squirrels though.