nafex - Re: [NAFEX] How to revive my apple tree (if possible)

  • From: Caren Kirk <quirky@videotron.ca>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] How to revive my apple tree (if possible)
  • Date: Sat, 01 Aug 2009 08:21:10 -0400

Hi Steve and Peter,

Thanks for asking, unfortunately my Golden Russet and my Reliance have showed no signs of revival. In fact the Golden Russet has just got drier and drier. We noticed a strange phenomenon on the Reliance trunk; it seems to have little dots of orange. Being a complete novice, I don't have any experiences with tree diseases.  Could this be a form of rust, maybe CAR?  I didn't think peaches could get it, but hey, what do I know! I guess whatever it is we should cut it down right away to be sure.

I am reallly not having a good year fruit wise. Between losing these 2 and my cherries being infested with ants, it's a bit of a sucky year.

Caren
Depressed in Quebec