nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Saskatoons

  • From: "Ernest Plutko" <ernestplutko@wiktel.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Saskatoons
  • Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 19:26:04 -0500

Maybe it doesn't get cold enough in Oregon for Saskatoons. There are
several species of Juneberries that are dry and yucky. I am thinking
that Saskatoons are not Serviceberries but they are related. You can
correct me. My bushes came from Canada and are labeled Saskatoons.
I found last week several bushes of Serviceberries or Juneberries
growing on my forest land along a path. I'll eat some when they are
ripe and see how they taste.