nafex - Re: [NAFEX] California's screwed tree crops

  • From: "Mark Angermayer" <hangermayer@isp.com>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] California's screwed tree crops
  • Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2009 18:14:12 -0500

The truth is,. I've figured out there is no Hari Seldon. Heck I remember in
the 80s when I was in school, they had assemblies featuring folks who told
us there was less than ten years of oil left. Scared me half to death.
Same thing, with Russia going to nuke us to pieces.

Not saying we won't eventually run out of fossil fuels, or that terrorists
won't touch off some nukes in America, but the prophets of the past haven't
been on spot so far. I'm just a layman, but I seem to have a longer memory
than some of the experts who seem to be confident in their predictions.

Mark
KS

One other thing. If anyone wants to avoid a tired topic, I suggest they give
their admonishment without giving their opinion. Many times I see folks
giving their opinion on a various topic, then suggesting others stay on the
subject of fruit. This, in effect quiets any opposition to their views.
Come on, if you feel the need to say your piece, don't shame others into
silence.