nafex - [NAFEX] list dialogue rearrarnged to create material for Pomona

  • From: Alan Haigh <alandhaigh@gmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] list dialogue rearrarnged to create material for Pomona
  • Date: Sun, 19 Jul 2009 13:19:52 -0400

If dialogue was taken from the list and rearranged to submit as an article, I'd have to object.  In the past when material was taken from this site everything was in context as it appears here and information as to the source was included.  This is fine with me, but with this piece it read as if Jim was giving a lecture about blueberry establishment and I was in the "audience" asking questions.  This would be fine if I had agreed to have my comments used this way, but I didn't, and would prefer they not be because I fear it will create misunderstanding.  In the case of this article I appear to be lending credence to the main point of the article and I just happen to have a much different opinion.

"Well, that clears up the problem right there. Alan believed that Jim
used one of his comments to form a submission to Pomona. Jim says he
didn't submit anything to Pomona.
Some months ago, I gave Jackie Kuehn blanket permission to use anything
anything I write here in the Pomona publication."