nafex - Re: [NAFEX] list dialogue rearrarnged to create material for Pomona

  • From: Steve <sdw12986@aol.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] list dialogue rearrarnged to create material for Pomona
  • Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 01:02:05 -0400

Yesterday, I tore my side of the bedroom apart looking for that summer Pomona. I threw a bunch of junk away, dusted the shelves and put my Pomona copies in chronological order. I didn't find it but my bookshelves are cleaner.
It came in the mail today.

Steve

Steve wrote:
I agree with your thinking, Alan. That Summer Pomona must be in my bedroom because I'm almost sure I remember reading that and wondering how it came to be (because I remembered some of the words from here).

I can only think of two explanations. Either Jackie has taken new liberties in putting together an article or Jim submitted the article and has amnesia for the event.

Obviously Jackie reads these messages. It would be nice if she would see this and reply.

Steve

Alan Haigh wrote:
If dialogue was taken from the list and rearranged to submit as an article, I'd have to object. In the past when material was taken from this site everything was in context as it appears here and information as to the source was included. This is fine with me, but with this piece it read as if Jim was giving a lecture about blueberry establishment and I was in the "audience" asking questions. This would be fine if I had agreed to have my comments used this way, but I didn't, and would prefer they not be because I fear it will create misunderstanding. In the case of this article I appear to be lending credence to the main point of the article and I just happen to have a much different opinion.
"Well, that clears up the problem right there. Alan believed that Jim
used one of his comments to form a submission to Pomona. Jim says he
didn't submit anything to Pomona.
Some months ago, I gave Jackie Kuehn blanket permission to use anything
anything I write here in the Pomona publication."

**YOU MUST BE SUBSCRIBED TO POST!**
No exceptions. ----
to change other email options):

Please do not send binary files.