nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Black/Red Raspberry Question

  • From: Road's End Farm <organic87@frontiernet.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Black/Red Raspberry Question
  • Date: Thu, 2 Jul 2009 10:20:12 -0400

What I have heard is that one color hosts viral diseases that will kill the other.

Maybe this isn't so in your area. (Maybe it isn't so in mine either; maybe it's just that wild blackcaps hosts diseases that will kill domestic reds -- I'm not sure. But that is the reason that I've heard.)

--Rivka
Finger Lakes NY; zone 5 mostly