nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Duck & Goose Pest Control

  • From: Sarah Kehler Ewing <skkewing@yahoo.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Duck & Goose Pest Control
  • Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2009 07:44:56 -0700 (PDT)

I agree with Jim, although I will add that they only eat the garden plants
that they haven't paddled to death with their big feet! I love my Silver
Appleyard ducks, but I fence them out of everything except my orchard. They
killed all my kiwi plants (they had overwintered with no snow and had fruit
on them too!) just by hopping the fence and walking all over them.

Sarah
zone 3
Edmonton, AB