nafex - [NAFEX] Duck & Goose Pest Control

  • From: "Jim Fruth" <jimfruth@charter.net>
  • To: "NAFEX" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Duck & Goose Pest Control
  • Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2009 09:16:25 -0500

Kevin Moore wrote, "It has always amazed me that more organic growers don't use ducks for pest control and geese for weeding."

Apparently you've never tried it. I did. The fowl (ducks too) will eat the weeds once all the garden plants have been consumed and there is nothing else left to eat. The idea of having them eat the weeds comes from having them eat weeds in cotton fields (they won't eat the cotton plants).

Jim Fruth
Brambleberry Farm
Pequot Lakes, MN 56472
For jams, jellies, syrups and more: