nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Canadian hardy cherries/Honeyberries

  • From: Melissa Kacalanos <mijwiz@yahoo.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Canadian hardy cherries/Honeyberries
  • Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2009 07:39:23 -0700 (PDT)

Sarah,

I'm not sure if you got the email I sent you, but I would like to try some honeyberry seeds. I think I read on the U. of Saskatchewan website that they can sometimes bear fruit the second year from seed, which sounds good for an impatient person like me.

The cherries sound fun, but I'll pass. These are hybrids between full-size sour cherry trees with nice big sweet fruit, and tiny cherry bushes with small sour fruit, so the seedlings could be anything. They might be big trees with tiny fruit. I'm sure experimenting would be fun, but I don't have room for it.

Melissa