nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Canadian hardy cherries/Honeyberries

  • From: Sarah Kehler Ewing <skkewing@yahoo.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Canadian hardy cherries/Honeyberries
  • Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 08:48:11 -0700 (PDT)

Hi folks,

Both the U. os S. Cherries and all the Honeyberries/Haskaps I've tried are
stunning! I can't say that enough!

As for Cherry propagators, there is a list associated with the U of S website
that you can find (I don't off hand know where as I just buy from the
catalogues I have- sorry to rub that in!). Prairie Plant Systems at
www.prairieplant.com, www.jefferiesnurseries.com, and www.saskatoonfarm.com
would be my top places to start looking for sources most likely to ship to
the U.S. DNA Gardens is indeed going/gone out of business.

It looks like I will have a good crop of cherries and honeyberries this year
and I am willing to ship cherry pits/stones or seeds to interested parties.
The availability of cherries this year is somewhat based on whether the
extreme drought we are still having breaks, if it doesn't I may have to
remove fruit again. If you are interested in seeds or pits, please contact
me off list. Both are very easy to grow from seed, but I can't give you any
input on uniformity of the resulting plant yet.

Sarah
zone 3
Edmonton, AB

The new Internet Explorer® 8 - Faster, safer, easier. Optimized for Yahoo!
Get it Now for Free! at http://downloads.yahoo.com/ca/internetexplorer/