nafex - Re: [NAFEX] tone of posts

  • From: Road's End Farm <organic87@frontiernet.net>
  • To: fuwafuwausagi@muchomail.com, North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] tone of posts
  • Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2009 08:34:35 -0400

On Jun 18, 2009, at 11:44 PM, fuwa fuwa usagi wrote:

My retort that you object to was a slap down of using the thread to advance a political agenda. You will notice a pattern, I don't back down when people push on me. Don't push and you won't get shoved back.

The problem is, that when people respond to pushing (perceived or intentional) by snarling, other people perceive the snarl as pushing, and respond in kind. Things deteriorate from there.

It is quite possible to disagree without snarling. And the fact that some disagree with you does not necessarily mean that they are "pushing" at you.

I think you also may not see when your own posts may be understood by others as "pushing a political agenda". You agree with yourself, of course, so you see what you're posting as simple truth, not as politics. Bear in mind that those you see as pushing politics may feel the same way about their own posts.

(Having promised once already to shut up on this general discussion thread, I will now go back to trying to keep my word. : ) )

--Rivka
Finger Lakes NY; zone 5 mostly