nafex - Re: [NAFEX] deer eating persimmons?

  • From: "Kieran &/or Donna" <holycow@frontiernet.net>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] deer eating persimmons?
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 14:17:04 -0500

When we had goats running loose, we tried to plant some trees for shade on the west side of the house. We tried wrapping 2" chicken wire around the trees, but the goats pushed the wire against the trees and pulled the leaves right through the wire. They eventually pushed the trees over and pretty well demolished them.
What the American suburbs need is some way to convert live deer into fresh meat without using dangerous projectiles. How about deadfall traps? Dangerous too perhaps, but at least the trap would stay in your own backyard. Nothing likes to die, and it's never a pretty sight to kill things... but they sure taste good. Donna