nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Of melons and dreams...

  • From: "Naomi Counides" <naomi@oznayim.us>
  • To: "'North American Fruit Explorers'" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Of melons and dreams...
  • Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 17:15:12 -0600

I am in Zone 6 Idaho hot and sunny dry, sandy alkaline soil.  Melons love it here.  We particularly like Old Israeli Original, charentais, Ha Ogen, Gallia, Orange Honey Dew, Casaba.  But I am planting a bunch more to try.

I started indoors and set out in mid May.  They are just now putting out some enthusiastic growth.

Naomi