nafex - [NAFEX] cherries

  • From: "Ernest Plutko" <ernestplutko@wiktel.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] cherries
  • Date: Sat, 6 Jun 2009 17:24:01 -0500

I went down to my woodland and looked at two Evans cherry I planted a
few years ago. One has flowers and flower buds. First I ever had.
The second tree died to the ground but has two suckers coming up from
the ground next to dead trunk. I don't know if the suckers are Evans
or Mazzard cherry. They have cherry leaves. Anyone have Mazzard
cherry trees? Supposedly they are zone 3. How do the cherries
taste? Recently I sent for two Evans grown on own roots but received
grafted trees.