nafex - Re: [NAFEX] thinning apricots?

  • From: "Richard J. Ossolinski" <ossoeo@myfairpoint.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] thinning apricots?
  • Date: Mon, 25 May 2009 18:52:53 -0400

"Conventional wisdom" ranges from 2 - 4" to as much as 5 - 7 ". I've had good results with 2 - 5", depending on overall fruit set. Also a good idea, albeit painful, sometimes, to leave only one fruit where two emanate from a single source. Not preaching here, simply relaying my experience. When adequately thinned, Puget Gold has performed wonderfully here in coastal downeast Maine, and should do at least as well for you in MA.
Wishing you well,
Richard
Gouldsboro, ME Zone 5