nafex - [NAFEX] peach tree

  • From: Toni Pralle <toni.pralle@gmail.com>
  • To: nafex <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] peach tree
  • Date: Sat, 23 May 2009 18:56:20 -0500

<Over abundance of fruit on the
tree will tell Mother Nature to form less fruit buds for the following
year. Once the tree goes into alternate bearing it is tuff to turn around. Six
to eight weeks after petal fall fruit buds are determined for next year. Dan<

This was a pear question but I wonder if that's what happened to my
peach tree.........Last year lots of peaches. This year I think it
will die. Very few small leaves. I cut down the one that looked like
that last year. Yesterday I pruned everything off this one that didn't
have something green on it.

--
Toni in zone 4 Iowa USA
http://www.stopanimalid.org/