nafex - [NAFEX] Muscats and Seedless grapes-Black Monukka Grape Opinions

  • From: "Naomi Counides" <naomi@oznayim.us>
  • To: "'North American Fruit Explorers'" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Muscats and Seedless grapes-Black Monukka Grape Opinions
  • Date: Fri, 22 May 2009 10:37:40 -0600

My family is made up of seed wussies also. But I do like Marquis, and a
blue seedless Muscat that I got from NY State Fruit Testing.. (Yes, that
long ago) They never released it.. to variable and too prone to botrytis.
But Idaho is dry and mine has done well for many years.

There was a green seedless Muscat at Raintree. Sweetens up early here. Not
much flavor, not big, not big bunches, but early and therefore nice to see.

I do like Muscat grapes Zone 6 is pushing it for some varieties. I have one
seeded Muscat that I planted just for me.
Naomi