nafex - Re: [NAFEX] bunny's pear blister mites

  • From: Ed Fackler <ed.fackler@gmail.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] bunny's pear blister mites
  • Date: Fri, 22 May 2009 05:16:45 -0400

Alan:

     Regarding biannual bearing on Fuji, you answered the question in a prior message when you mentioned that the GoldRush tree(s) are not in full sun.  Also Fuji is way more prone to the biannual habit than GoldRush (or at least it was at Rocky).  If GoldRush is thinned heavily and early (when apples are around 6 m....6-7 days post petal fall), it rarely becomes biannual.  For that matter I've seen it in several orchards bear heavy crops year-in/year-out.

ed...spring slow to come in S. Ind...but I'm glad it is here.