nafex - [NAFEX] bunny's pear blister mites

  • From: Alan Haigh <alandhaigh@gmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] bunny's pear blister mites
  • Date: Fri, 22 May 2009 05:05:11 -0400

Q. "Here is the thing I find odd.  It only occurs on the same tree every year (Harvest Queen) which is next to Harrow Sweet which suffers no damage nor do the other pear trees in the area.  Year after year it is only this tree that suffers. More - there is one branch of Warren grafted to this tree and it never suffers damage.  Any thoughts?

A. They know it's your favorite pear.  Duh!

Also, for any of you who can control bienniel bearing reliably on certain varieties like Fuji and Goldrush by thinning fruit or "proper pruning", you are definately hired.  If only it was that easy for me.