nafex - [NAFEX] Squirrel control with Peanut Butter

  • From: Scott Smith <scott@cs.jhu.edu>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Squirrel control with Peanut Butter
  • Date: Wed, 20 May 2009 13:33:38 -0400

The professional bait I have is a mix of nuts (including peanut butter) and molasses. I have also used straight peanut butter. Occasionally it works, but not reliably. I also tried the PB/PoP bonbons and the birds pecked at them and that was about it. With peach season coming soon I think I will give these guys another go in any case. I also need to build a stand for the havahart since my dog will flip it over trying to get the bait if I don't. The Kania traps I have nailed to trees out of the dogs range but I only caught one squirrel in six months of trying with them.

Back to my original question, did anybody try tangletrap on the trunks?

Scott