nafex - Re: [NAFEX] nafex Digest, Vol 76, Issue 57 Pocketknives from USA

  • From: Kevin Moore <aleguy33@yahoo.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] nafex Digest, Vol 76, Issue 57 Pocketknives from USA
  • Date: Wed, 13 May 2009 19:11:51 -0700 (PDT)

Sorry to disagree, but Bucks are now ALL made in China. They closed the last US plant many years ago now. I agree Case knives are still relatively high quality, but they are getting very hard to find, and being made from carbon steel, they are difficult to keep from rusting in the maritime climate I live in. For a good stainless blade, you're still stuck having a custom folder made. Though I have to say, the stainless Damascus blades are works of art and it is hard to actually use one for day-to-day needs.