nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Freeze or Frost?

  • From: "Hal Love" <lovehd@comcast.net>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Freeze or Frost?
  • Date: Tue, 12 May 2009 09:50:46 -0600

I believe frost is only when you actually get ice crystals forming on surfaces, which depends on the dew point. No matter how cold it gets, if the temp is well above the dew point, you don't get frost. And you can get frost well above freezing if you reach the dew point, along with radiative cooling of surfaces on clear calm nights.

Hal