nafex - [NAFEX] soil testing equipment

  • From: David Oliver <david.thefields@gmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] soil testing equipment
  • Date: Wed, 6 May 2009 14:41:02 -0400

I'd be grateful to list members who routinely test their soil to describe the tests they make and whether they analyze samples themselves or send samples to a testing lab. Basics are pH, P, K, Ca, Mg, and then Fe, Zn, Mn, soluble salts, nitrates, I'm growing dwarf trees in large containers so routine testing is required as there is little latitude for error in a container. This suggests having a small lab for one's own testing might be the most cost effective. Any suggestions for equipment, suppliers, and costs including the outside lab option would be appreciated.

Thanks,

David Oliver