nafex - [NAFEX] tilling for PC control

  • From: Alan Haigh <alandhaigh@gmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] tilling for PC control
  • Date: Wed, 6 May 2009 07:34:08 -0400

Dennis, you are generally quite research oriented so I wonder if you have also seen controlled studies demonstrating the benefits of well timed tilling for PC control.  Your faith in it may be well founded in terms of how it works where you are but in the northeast we have trees like amelanchier in nearby woods that are very attractive to PC and I have read that they travel fast and far.  I strongly doubt it would have any affect here on smaller non-comercial orchards where I assume most of the weevils come from afar.