nafex - [NAFEX] plum curculio in cold and wet

  • From: Neil Lewis <lewisn@georgetown.edu>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] plum curculio in cold and wet
  • Date: Sun, 03 May 2009 21:48:49 -0400

Does anyone know the answers to the following questions regarding plum curculio: (1) Are they active in temperatures under about 60 degrees? (2) Are they active in the rain? I have been using Surround on my fruit trees this year for the first time, but continuous rain here in suburban Maryland has washed most of it off today and rain and temperatures in the high 50s and low 60s are forecast for the next few days. The curculio are definitely about, as they have already scarred some apples and sour cherries.

Neil Lewis
Beltsville, MD