nafex - Re: [NAFEX] trailing berries

  • From: Chris Garriss <cgarriss@garriss.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] trailing berries
  • Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2009 22:12:15 -0400

Where I grew up in Maryland (west and slightly north of Baltimore), we
had masses of "trailing" blackberries as you describe them. Locally
they were called dewberries, at best a foot or so high - and a pain to
pick or to push through. I recall eating them fresh, and we also made
jelly and jam from them. What we picked had sun over half the day, and
while tart were still good to eat.

Chris

On 16.04.2009 10:22 Melissa Kacalanos spoke thusly: