nafex - Re: [NAFEX] seed catalog list

  • From: Ginda Fisher <list@ginda.us>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] seed catalog list
  • Date: Sat, 18 Apr 2009 10:36:50 -0400

Great list. I'd add

http://www.sln.potsdam.ny.us/ for the north

http://www.cumminsnursery.com/ odd apples and rootstocks

and maybe

http://www.forestfarm.com/ non-fruit and hard-to-find stuff

The last isn't really a fruit place, and they are across the country from me (Oregon) but they have some of everything, including wild west coast vaccinium (which I tend to kill, not enough rain, I think) and other weird stuff.

Replying to Jim, I usally look at Indiana Berry and Nourse and end up with Nourse, which is much closer to me. But both have excellent descriptions and are worth reading prior to deciding what to buy.