nafex - Re: [NAFEX] free mulch not all bad

  • From: "Dinsmoor" <dinsmoor@sopris.net>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] free mulch not all bad
  • Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2009 17:27:52 -0600

We also have to pay for the compost and mulch from the county landfill, BUT I have found the local tree service trucks have to pay to dump their woodchips and love to have a site to drop them. I took 10 loads a couple years ago and used them all as mulch. It was 12'' deep at first, and now most of it is decomposed, black dirt and I am going to ask for another bunch. We have no trees that are toxic as I hear some walnut wood is, and I have never had trouble with any diseases as the piles get very hot very fast. It's been a great source of free mulch as we are closer than the county landfill for most trucks.

Jane
zone 3
Woody Creek, CO

----- Original Message ----- From: "Sarah Kehler Ewing" <skkewing@yahoo.com>